Topic: Change of boarding point after booking eticket

I have booked from TVM to CLT. But I am boarding only from Kollam. How to and whom to inform this to avoid allotting my berth to someone else at TVM ?

Re: Change of boarding point after booking eticket

Its train ticket. sorry missed tht.

If it is a booking on the train, there are provisions mentioned on the irctc site (assuming you have an e-ticket).

https://irctc.co.in/Eticket_new_cancel.html

check section 2 which mentions .. "2)  Change of boarding station & change in name of E-Ticket passenger"

If it is a ticket booked directly I guess you can go to the reservation office and request for a change of the boarding station..

kk

----------------------
#include(kk_thk)
----------------------

Ticket checker allots the seat after a traveller does not board the train after "6" stations (stops)... check if your train completes 6 stops in between... This is what I heard... do call the railway helpline and confirm...

Searching for a signature...

gracefulady wrote:

I have booked from TVM to CLT. But I am boarding only from Kollam. How to and whom to inform this to avoid allotting my berth to someone else at TVM ?

This berth will never get allotted to anybody else at trivandrum...It happens after some stations only (not sure it is 6, because in long distance trains six stops means a lot of distance and there may be a lot of RAC ticket holders trying to  get a berth ASAP)

Vande mataram

As per the Indian Railways website:

CHANGE OF BOARDING POINT :
If a passenger desires to occupy reserved accommodation from any station enroute, he would be permitted to entrain at any intermediate station he chooses irrespective of the distance from the starting station subject to the following conditions :

A specific request must be made in writing at the station from where the ticket is purchased and reservation made atleast 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train from the starting station.
    The Railway Administration reserves the right to use such accommodation from the originating station up to the station at which the passenger is due to entrain.
    No refund will be permissible for the portion of journey not performed by the passenger.

http://www.indianrail.gov.in/reservation_Rules.html

Anyway it is better always to go to a railway station in person and ask, because the rules may change.

Vande mataram

Chip wrote:

Ticket checker allots the seat after a traveller does not board the train after "6" stations (stops)... check if your train completes 6 stops in between... This is what I heard... do call the railway helpline and confirm...

Not sure but I strongly believe its "2" Stations (stops)..

sujith

Ya.. correction.. it is 2 stations.

Searching for a signature...